Vehicle Programme Manager - 46401
Job Category: Engineering
Salary Range: £50k - £60k
Location: South East (Hook)
Job Type: Contract
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, justice and immigration, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
We are currently recruiting for a Vehicle Programme Manager to build and execute a plan for the introduction of a new fleet across a critical business unit. Reporting into the Head of Operations they will have the following responsibilities:
* Responsible for the provision of fleet and logistics support, planning and delivery across the contract to all current and future requirements..
* Responsible for the successful roll-out of a new fleet
* Responsible (alongside the vehicle supplier) for the successful management of the vehicle maintenance programme, ensuring maximum availability and utilisation of assets.
* Support overseas areas of the contract with the provision of vehicles, equipment and logistics planning. Ensure adequate stocks and spares are available
* Accountable for the successful running of the vehicle Integrated Test, Evaluation and Acceptance Plan (ITEAP)
* Drive a programme with vehicle partners to share best practice across the contract, providing up to date solutions which improve efficiency and improve operational efficiency and safety.
* To represent the service at customer meetings, or contribute safety and resilience expertise to meetings as required.
* Identify and lead organisational change initiatives to deliver value for money for service users.
* Work with vehicle suppliers to ensure relevant data to support Serco’s reporting is available.
* To contribute to all relevant leadership, governance and management meetings in support of service delivery.
* To act as operational duty manager when required
* Proven supply chain experience
* Track record in managing programmes supported by a suitable project management qualification or equivalent experience (PRINCE2, MSP or AGILE).
* Experience of managing an operational fleet of vehicles.
* Track record in the leadership of large, geographically dispersed teams effectively, communicating direction and vision as well as developing talent and organisational capabilities.
* Willing to work towards a six sigma green belt qualification in continuous improvement.
All Serco employees must ensure that their current line manager is aware of their application. For confidential enquiries please contact MyHR on 0345 010 4000.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.
How to apply for this job