QHSE Manager - 40451
Job Category: Health and safety
Salary Range: £40k - £50k
Location: Greater London - Central London
Job Type: Permanent
London's public bike sharing scheme is available 24/7, 365 days a year. There are more than 10,000 bikes and over 700 bike docking stations across London to help you get around quickly and easily. The scheme recently expanded to South West London so now you can saddle up anywhere from Shepherds Bush to Canary Wharf and Wandsworth Town to Camden Town.
The QHSE Manager at London Cycle Hire is accountable to the Head of Services for ensuring that the contract remains compliant with all current legislation including quality, health, safety and environment. This role is accountable for ensuring that the contract meets, and maintains, the requirements for ISO27001, ISO9001 and ISO14001. The role will also be the lead for all audits and ensuring that actions are captured, monitored and tracked to completion. This is a Customer, third party and internal facing role.
* Responsible for providing assurance that the contract is delivering services in compliance with all current legislation regarding quality, health, safety and environment.
* Accountable for meeting (and maintaining) the requirements for ISO27001, ISO9001 and ISO14001.
* Responsible for leading on behalf of LCHS, all audits and ensuring that actions are captured, monitored and tracked to completion.
* Accountable for the service management of the contract in line with all KPI’s.
* Accountable for the development, ownership and management of the End to End Incident Management Process.
* Accountable for the development, ownership and management of the End to End Problem Management Process.
* Manage the Operational change process for all IT change.
* Responsible for the delivery and management of all Disaster Recovery processes and procedures.
* Responsible for developing and managing the Business Continuity function.
* Accountable for ensuring that the contract is managed in accordance with relevant and latest H&S legislation.
* Carry out Accident/Incidents investigations and develop lessons that can be learned from any incidents.
* Support with toolbox talks on H&S issues as required.
* Accountable for leading monthly H&S meetings to track and manage issues.
* Comply with all relevant Health and Safety procedures, ensuring the requirements of Health and Safety at Work act and Environmental legislation are met at all times and records maintained.
* Prepare a (PGI) Planned General Inspection plan for the contract, ensuring each inspection is recorded and documented with Non Conformances/Recommendations.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
* Occupational Health & Safety level 3 NEBOSH.
* Qualified Lead ISO27001 Auditor.
* Qualified Lead ISO9001 Auditor.
* Must be member of IOSH or working towards.
* ITIL Foundation Level 3 certification.
* Practical experience of working in a highly regulated assurance business.
* Working knowledge of current H&S legislation.
* Excellent communication skills to engage the business through change.
* Strong Knowledge of contractual requirements.
* Strong customer relationship skills.
* Excellent knowledge and understanding of PCI DSS, ISO27001, ISO9001 and ISO14001 requirements.
* Experience working in a public sector organisation.
In return we offer a competitive salary, a benefits package including contributory pension, excellent working conditions and the opportunity to further your career within a supportive environment.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement.
We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.
How to apply for this job