Drug & Alcohol Collection Technician
Job Category: Health and safety
Salary Range: £10.78 per hour
Location: Greater London - Central London
Job Type: Contract
Drug & Alcohol Collection
To join SYNLAB Laboratory Services Ltd
SYNLAB Laboratory Services Ltd provides our clients with a round the clock service, 365 days a year. Collections take place at our clients premises and consist of “pre-employment”, “random” and “for cause” tests (short notice call-out). In some circumstances, advance notice of a collection will be given, however in some cases; attendance on site will be required within two hours.
The Collection Technician is responsible for collecting breath, urine and saliva samples from Donors within the workplace, strictly adhering to SYNLAB policies and procedures
This position offers zero hours casual work; you must be available for daytimes, evenings & weekends. Expectation is more than part-time hours. Full training is provided along with time sensitive pay and travel allowance. The position involves collecting samples from the donor under strict chain of custody.
Should the above position be of interest to you and you are reliable, accurate in your work, own a vehicle and live in the London area, please send your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter explaining why this position appeals to you.
Closing date for application forms is Friday 24th November 2017
Applicants may not be contacted until after the closing date
Please note – this is not a Laboratory based position.
- Travel to clients sites which are numerous & various throughout your area to collect breath, urine or saliva samples, conduct instant tests and correctly interpret results and confidentially convey results to both donor and on-site representative. Where necessary, package urine and saliva samples under chain of custody guidelines and dispatch samples to the laboratory in South Wales for analysis.
- All data is to be recorded accurately, whether the collection has been conducted digitally or on paper.
- All paperwork is to be received by the office within two working days of collection.
- Submit and update availability via Google Calendar, notifying any change of availability to SYNLAB immediately.
- Keep equipment in good condition and store it securely at all times. Notify your supervisor immediately in the event of equipment malfunction.
- Ensure that you have sufficient collection materials and other supplies and consumables to meet your known and anticipated workload, completing stock sheets to seek replenishment from SYNLAB as appropriate, allowing sufficient time to dispatch. Ensure kit is in date.
- Ensure that digital equipment is charged and ready for use at all times & that e-mails are checked regularly.
- Undergo internal & external training as required by SYNLAB. Identify your own training needs and undertake ongoing training or re-training/refresher as directed by SYNLAB. Keep updated with all company communications especially those affecting your duties and responsibilities.
- To undertake any other reasonable duty, when requested to do so by an appropriate manager.
- It is your duty to report any inducement in relation to laboratory practice or test results.
- The Company expects you to wear appropriate dress relative to the job that you are doing. Please remember that you will come into contact with customers and members of the public and it is important to present a professional image with regard to appearance, standards of dress and personal hygiene.
- Wear Company issued Photo ID proof of identification at all times.
In accordance with the provisions of the Health and Safety at work Act 1974 etc., take responsible care for the health and safety of yourself and of other persons who may be affected by your acts and omissions at work. Co-operate with SYNLAB Laboratory Services Ltd so far as is necessary to enable us to perform or comply with our duties under any statutory health and safety provisions
Note: This job description is intended as a general guide to the duties attached to the job and is not an inflexible specification. It may therefore be altered from time to time to reflect the changing needs of SYNLAB Laboratory Services Ltd, always in consultation with you.
How to apply for this job