Maintenance Operative | COMPASS | North West - 44858
Job Category: Police - Security - Defence
Salary Range: £15k - £20k
Location: North West - Manchester
Job Type: Permanent
37.5 hours per week
£19,400 per annum
Under the COMPASS (Commercial and Operational Managers Procuring Asylum Support Services) contract, Serco delivers accommodation and transport services to asylum applicants in the North West of England and Scotland/Northern Ireland.
We are responsible for the provision of support services for persons claiming asylum, granted refugee status. These services include the provision of predominantly accommodation, transportation and associated services to assist service users settle in their new location.
We are currently looking to recruit a Maintenance Operative to work at COMPASS .
This role will require you to work:
* Monday to Friday
* 8:30 till 4:00
* This role will be field based covering the North West Area.
The primary purpose of the Maintenance Operative will be to provide building maintenance services to a designated area or number of properties within the COMPASS contract.
* Reporting to the Maintenance supervisor, the primary function of this role is to provide building maintenance services to a designated area or number of properties. The role requires close working relationships with the housing teams to ensure outstanding service to the users.
* You must be willing to work outdoor as you will be carrying out gardening duties and carry out a physically demanding job as you will be lifting heavy goods.
* At times you will be working unsupervised therefore must be able to work using your own initiative and be able to prioritise an ever demanding workload.
* You will be responsible for the general health and safety requirements within the properties including PAT and Fire Risk Assessments as well as providing specialist technical advice and support in accordance to the certified standards.
* You will be accountable for checking property reports before undertaking works (e.g. for asbestos, dangerous persons,) or request additional reports if deemed appropriate (e.g. structural report, asbestos survey / test etc along with undertaking audit samples of external suppliers work and report findings.
* There will be a requirement for you to undertake general maintenance duties including: painting, decorating, waste disposal, cleaning and gardening duties.
* As you will be liaising with internal and external provides it is essential that you have excellent verbal and written communication skills and must be proficient on Microsoft programmes including Word and Outlook.
* As the successful candidate you must be able to evidence proven and demonstrable experience of working similar property maintenance environment or general maintenance background.
* The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a maintenance and trade role.
* A willingness and ability to travel within the region and occasionally within the UK (a valid UK driver’s licence is essential
* This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and all offers of employment are subject to security clearance checks and approval by the Home Office.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.
How to apply for this job