Regional IT Support Engineer - 44021
Job Category: IT
Salary Range: £25k - £30k
Location: North West (Home Based)
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Home based (will cover areas in the North West: Cheshire, Greater Manchester and Merseyside)
Salary: Up to £30,000 (depending on experience and qualification)
Hours: 37 hours per week, on call and shift hours
Serco is currently supporting the Cyclamen Programme, a joint initiative between the Border Agency and the Home Office that forms a key element of the UK`s counter-terrorism strategy. Cyclamen screens most sea and rail traffic, including containers, freight, vehicles and passengers that pass through UK portals.
We are currently seeking an experienced Field Server Support Engineer to cover the Northwest region (i.e Cheshire, Liverpool, Manchester, North Wales). This is a unique field based role which will be part of the wider Service Delivery Operational team, responsible for the delivery of site and field service support to TSS customer locations within an allocated region. Our Server Support Engineers undertake a range of 2nd and 3rd line support tasks using a combination of remote access tools and direct access. They perform a variety of tasks depending on experience and capability to ensure service delivery and incident response. This is a mixture of IT related systems (Servers and Cisco networking) and general electro-mechanical support of systems and equipment (ie CCTV's, radio system, automatic gates). The role involves working in a variety of internal and external environments and will also include working at height at some locations.
The successful candidate will operate within a defined geographic area on a rota basis and will be required to be `on-call` and available to work at a customer site for the duration of the on-call period.
Please note that this position is dependent on retaining a valid UK driving license and Security Clearance must be maintained as condition of employment.
Skills and Experience:
* Good experience in 3rd line IT field support including servers, network storage areas, back up, blades, Cisco switches support.
* Configuration experience using Microsoft Server Software
* Experience of working on CCTV's and lighting
* Electronic background and with HNC relevant qualification (ideally)
* Excellent communication skills
* Experience of working in a demanding and unpredictable service delivery environment
* UK driving licence essential
* Strong Health & Safety awareness with experience of working at height an advantage
* Able to work on a 4 week rota basis with the ability to travel to customer sites at short notice
* Able to achieve and maintain unrestricted UK SC and airside clearance
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.
How to apply for this job