DO YOU SEE THE FABULOUS IN PEOPLE? DO YOU ENJOY COAXING THE BEST OUT OF EVERYONE, THOSE LIGHTBULB MOMENTS WHEN DIRECTION IS CLEAR AND PEOPLE ARE ENERGISED?
Waymarks is an award winning specialist support provider for people with mild to moderate learning disabilities. We're looking for Male Specialist Support People to work with a young man who enjoys walking and swimming, who responds well to routine and planning, we are looking for someone who is patient and encouraging as he like doing things independently. He doesn't like mess so we would like you to be actively in involved in keeping his home clean and tidy, an attention to detail is important as we would need for you to monitor and react accordingly to his mood and behaviour.
The people we support require a skilled male service to enable them to live the life they choose whilst living safely in the community of Newcastle.
In this exciting role you will be building a positive relationship, be a motivating influence, and help the person you support develop their skills. Most importantly you'll be supporting someone to build up their social network and making an enormous difference to someone's life. We're looking for someone who is flexible, adaptable and is motivated to help others as the rota demands.
You will be responsive to the needs of the person we support and you will understand equal opportunities and its importance. You will be interested in learning about specialist support, managing risks, and enjoy being part of a core team around the person you'll be supporting. Most importantly you'll be supporting someone to live safely in the community and making an enormous difference to someone's life.
You'll be keen to look for opportunities to increase the quality of life for the people you support and want to help people to reach their goals.
Full-time, part-time and relief contracts available. Car driver is desirable but not essential for the right person. Full and extensive training is given so prior experience in this field is not essential. We want the right people with the right attitudes and aptitudes, and we will provide training to develop the required skills.
Your role and duties will be:
- Enabling independence
- Building good working relationships with the people we support, their friends and families, your colleagues and external organisations involved with the people you support. You are required to show empathy and awareness for others’ individuality, belief and cultures. You will recognise and challenge any bias, prejudice and discrimination.
- Following your support plans
- Accurately recording your activity
- Engaging with Management Support
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Able to work flexibly and to respond effectively to changes in workload and the needs of the people we support
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to build relationships with the people we support and enable them to expand their circle of support
- Able to observe/monitor and report signs of triggers for risk behaviours
- Someone with the same interests as the individual
- Above living wage rate of pay.
- A generous training programme, including Learning Disability Qualifications and a Diploma in Health and Social Care.
- A bespoke induction package to orientate you to the Waymarks model of support.
- A pension scheme with contribution by Waymarks.
- Employee reward scheme, where you can save money every day on shopping or even larger purchases like holidays.
Successful applicants will undergo an Enhanced DBS check (paid for by us).
Positive about Disabled People
Waymarks value the diversity of all its employees. As a commitment to supporting disabled applicants and employees, we have been awarded the Positive about Disabled People symbol by Jobcentre Plus. This means:
- When you fill in the application form we will ask if you have a disability to make sure the application process is fair to people who have a disability.
- We will interview any person who declares they have a disability who meets the essential criteria for the job they are applying for. The essential criteria are the most important things needed to be able to do the job.
Does this sound like you?
This work is interesting, often fascinating. It is rewarding, tiring, thought-provoking, satisfying and stimulating and is always fresh. You will work with a dedicated and warm group of people who have committed to this field and who have significant experience and who want you to succeed. Apply now, if this description ticks your boxes!