Job Category: Renewable - Alternative Energy
Salary Range: Competative
Location: Greater London - North London
Job Type: Permanent
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Procurement professional to join us to oversee key processes and activities.
The suitable candidate will have overall responsibility for the drafting, evaluation, negotiation and execution of new and existing supplier contracts. In addition they will ensure that the company purchasing activity adheres to all applicable legislation.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Ensure that competitive pricing and terms and conditions is set for each supplier and contract and that all necessary items and services are purchased cost effectively.
- Ensure that Stores services the needs of the business within optimum timescales and costs.
- Review and manage stock holding and purchasing criteria.
- Monitor company purchasing to ensure that it accords with the Purchasing Policy and Corporate Standing Orders.
- Ensure Accounts information is kept current particularly for invoicing purposes.
- Establish and maintain data capture systems that capture market and supplier information.
- Monitor market trends to inform and support future development plans.
- Ensure LondonWaste is represented on relevant industry and standards bodies.
- Represent the department on bespoke projects.
- Manage the departmental cost budget ensuring all expenditure is authorised and is in line with budgets submitted.
- Prepare and present periodic reports, reviews, performance against plan and variance analysis. Provide monthly contractual and departmental progress reports.
- Manage direct reports including objective setting and monitoring.
- Prepare employee development plans and assist with recruitment and personnel matters when required.
- Assist, as required, in enacting company policies across the employed population e.g. disciplinary and grievance hearings
The Person Specification:
- Broad management experience of procurement and strategic stock management and, ideally, some relevant industry experience e.g. Energy-from-Waste, Transfer Stations, MRFs or recycling.
- Strong analytical, negotiating and financial skills.
- Demonstrable ability to lead in a participative manner and work as part of a management team.
- Demonstrable leadership and peer group team working.
- Experience of working with model contract suites (e.g. NEC, JCT) an advantage.
- Degree qualified with a specialist qualification in Purchase and Supply
- Member of Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply preferable
- Benefits Include: Company car allowance, 28 days annual leave, Private Medical scheme, Employee Discount Scheme, sick pay.
How to apply for this job