HGV Vehicle Mechanic
Job Category: Automotive
Salary Range: Excellent
Location: Greater London - North London
Job Type: Permanent
An amazing opportunity for an experienced Vehicle Technician to join a dynamic team.
You’ll have at least 5 years hands-on experience and be a confident communicator who gets on well with folk. You’re able to share your ideas clearly with colleagues through concise explanation of the details.
To carry out maintenance and repair of the Mobile Plant and Transport Fleet within the LondonWaste Ltd (LWL) area.
Carry out routine maintenance of the Mobile Plant and transport Fleet to the specifications and standards set by the Company.
- Carry out repairs and modifications in the workshop and sites within the LWL Group to the Mobile Plant and Transport Fleet.
- Carry out such other duties as may be required to ensure the continued operation of LWL Fleet.
- Must be skilled in the maintenance of Mobile Plant and/or Heavy Goods vehicles.
- The post requires a commitment to undertake training on new equipment.
- The post requires you to work outside and therefore sometimes inclement weather.
- Class 1 LGV driving license required.
- Must have a high level of determination to complete tasks.
- Take a high level of interest in tasks assigned, with ownership and accountability for the tasks.
- The ability to work with others.
- Have a logical approach to fault finding.
- Personal circumstances must permit availability for response to being “called in” outside of normal working hours.
- Must be aware of and adhere to safe working practices.
- Benefits: Company bonus, Private Medical scheme, Employee discount scheme, sick pay, 28 days holiday, employee discount scheme, and further training opportunities.
How to apply for this job