Job Category: Other
Salary Range: £32,782 per annum
Location: East of England - Peterborough
Job Type: Permanent
Are you an experienced Mechanical, Electrical or Plant professional, looking to take on a new challenge? If so Viridor are recruiting for a Shift Technician and are looking for individuals just like you!
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy.
This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and are one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. We use smart people and smart technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
Due to continuing business success and growth we now have a fantastic opportunity available for a Shift Technician to join our team in Peterborough, working 42.5 hours a week, Monday to Sunday.
Shift Technician responsibilities:
• DCS operation and alarm Handling
• Diagnosing and rectifying plant faults.
• Operation of the ERF and boiler chemistry.
• Carrying out routine tasks and testing of plant equipment.
• Updating the shift log including plant and process changes.
• Monitoring consumable stock levels and supervise bulk deliveries and loading.
• Assisting with all shutdown activities within the plant ensuring plant downtime is minimised, also carrying out front line maintenance to ensure plant availability is maintained
• Ensuring that all defect reporting within CMMS is effective and followed through to completion promptly.
• Ensuring that all activities within the plant are carried out in a safe manner in line with policy.
• Complying with all PPE requirements including COSHH chemical handling.
• Reporting any potential safety issues and control any hazards as required.
• Carrying out risk assessments to ensure activities are completed in a safe manner at all times.
• Working as part of a team striving for continual improvement in minimising Health & Safety risks at the plant.
• Ensuring visitors to site are inducted in the site safety and emergency procedures.
• Record and report any impacts or potential impacts on the environment to the Shift Team Leader.
The ideal Shift Technician:
To be successful for this role, you will need to have proven Mechanical / Electrical / Plant experience alongside an understanding of safe systems of work. You will also need to possess:
• Computer literacy.
• Ability to think logically and solve problems effectively and efficiently
• Excellent English and Maths skills.
• Basic salary of £32,298 and an attractive benefits package
If you are looking for your next challenge as a Shift Technician then we want to hear from you, please click APPLY!
Closing Date – 21st August 2017
How to apply for this job