Logistics Unit Manager
Job Category: Management
Salary Range: £40,000 to £44,000 per annum
Location: Yorkshire and The Humber - Sheffield
Job Type: Permanent
Are you an experienced Logistics or Transport professional, looking to take on a new challenge? If so Viridor are recruiting for a Logistics Unit Manager and are looking for individuals just like you!
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy.
This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and are one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. We use smart people and smart technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
Due to continuing business success and growth we now have a fantastic opportunity available for a Logistics Unit Manager to join our team in Sheffield, working 37.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday.
Logistics Unit Manager responsibilities:
• Monitoring the operational and budgetary performance of the profit centre and reporting variances.
• Liaising closely with the Regional Logistics Manager and producing financial information for monthly profit and loss accounts.
• Adhering to Viridor’s financial procedures, particularly when setting up customer’s accounts, banking cash, completing ticket entry and checking authorising for invoicing.
• Ensuring disposal tickets are accurately entered on the system and purchase order accruals are accurately maintained.
• Liaising with the Sales and Account Development teams to provide information and costing for new and existing work.
• Ensuring the customer experience is delivered to the highest, consistent standard by every employee.
• Maintaining the fleet and container stock to Company and Legislative standards ensuring high standards of housekeeping.
• Co-operating with the Production Manager to maintain high standards of housekeeping for the fleet parking and container storage areas.
• Ensuring Health and Safety standards are in line with company requirements.
• Reporting all incidents, accidents and complaints by the approved method taking action to prevent reoccurrence.
• Maximising the efficiency of the fleet’s operation and the department as a whole.
• Producing Key Performance Indicators in order to continually monitor performance.
• Managing and developing all employees to maximise their potential to themselves and the business.
• Carrying out annual and timely Performance Annual Reviews (PARs) and annual training reviews as required.
• Maintaining all fleet and tachograph records, reports and check sheets in a complete and recoverable manner.
• Ensuring drivers are debriefed at the end of each day and any uncompleted work is carried forward, also other information arising from the debriefing is acted upon.
The ideal Logistics Unit Manager:
To be successful for this role, you will need to have a full UK driving license, alongside a CPC in road transport and an understanding of fleet operating systems. You will also possess:
• Budgeting and Forecasting processes
• Proven track record in the identification of talent and delivery of Succession Plans
• An excellent working knowledge of the waste and recyclate market within the specified geographical area
• Proven negotiating and problem-solving skills
• Ability to route vehicles effectively taking into account profit and productivity
• Must be resilient, self-motivated and have the ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines.
• Excellent customer service with outstanding communication skills.
• Excellent routing, logistic, administrative and clerical skills in a transport or related environment
• Previous experience of customer experience management and strategy
• Previous experience controlling fleet activities.
• Previous experience managing large teams.
• Basic salary of £40,000 to £44,000 and an attractive benefits package
If you are looking for your next challenge as a Logistics Unit Manager then we want to hear from you, please click APPLY!
Closing Date – 14th August 2017
How to apply for this job