Maintenance Operative (40 Hours) - 41544
Job Category: Other
Salary Range: £15k - £20k
Location: North West - Bolton
Job Type: Permanent
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, justice and immigration, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
40 Hours per week
Serco manage 2 COMPASS (Commercial and Operational Managers Procuring Asylum and Support) Contracts covering the North West of England and Scotland & Northern Ireland. We are responsible for the provision of support services for persons claiming asylum, granted refugee status. These services include the provision of predominantly accommodation, transportation and associated services to assist service users settle in their new location.
We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Operative. The primary function of this role is to provide building maintenance services to a designated area / or number of properties. The role requires close working relationships with the housing teams to ensure outstanding service to the users.
The successful candidate will be required to work:
* Monday- Friday with on call rota- every 8-10 weeks.
* Hours: 08:30-16:30
* To provide building maintenance services to a designated area / or number of properties
* Undertake audit samples of external suppliers work and report findings
* Undertake once a year a Portable Appliance Test (PAT)
* Complete once a year a Fire Risk Assessment (FRA)
* Provide specialist trade services in accordance with certified standards and experience
* Provide technical advice and support to the maintenance section relevant to the trade
* Check property reports before undertaking works (e.g. for asbestos, dangerous persons,) or request additional reports if deemed appropriate (e.g. structural report, asbestos survey / test etc.)
* Remove waste from properties and dispose accordingly
* Undertake garden maintenance and cleaning duties as required
* Experience in a similar property maintenance environment or general maintenance background is essential
* Full and clean UK Driving License is essential
* Computer literate, ability to use Microsoft applications
* Ability to work unsupervised using own initiative to meet targets/tight timescales
* Ability to prioritise workload, working in a logical and methodical manner
* Ability to communicate effectively at all levels both written and verbal
* You will be confident adapting to new situations and tasks when required
This role is exempt from the rehabilitation of offenders and therefore all candidates will be required to undergo screening for spent and unspent convictions.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.
How to apply for this job