Class 1 HGV driver - Newcastle
Job Category: Construction
Salary Range: Competitive
Location: North East - Newcastle Upon Tyne
Job Type: Permanent
A Class 1 HGV Driver is required to join the UK's leading hire equipment organisations. We form part of Ashtead Group which is a FTSE 100 and can offer you excellent training opportunities with great scope for progression, supporting you throughout your career.
Roles and responsibilities
- You will be responsible for the delivery and collection of plant hire equipment, adhering to all health and safety guidelines.
- You may be required to demonstrate the item’s operation to customers, so training to a good standard of knowledge of all A Plant’s equipment will be given.
- The completion of any relevant checks and related administration when delivering and collecting equipment.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that all Company vehicles are driven safely, professionally and within the law at all times.
- As the public face of A Plant you will be well presented, communicate professionally with customers on site and promote the positive image of the business
- You will comply with current H&S legislation and Company specific health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- It is essential that you have good communication skills with the ability to influence and represent the Company in a positive manner.
- You will be a fully competent driver with a clean driving licence. You will be numerate, articulate and have immaculate attention to detail.
- Must have a full CPC licence.
In return, we can offer a competitive salary, generous holiday allowance, life assurance and inclusion into the Company pension scheme.
How to apply for this job