HGV1 (HIAB) Driver - Birmingham
Job Category: Transportation - Logistics
Salary Range: £25k - £28k
Location: West Midlands - Birmingham
Job Type: Permanent
Post Title: HGV1 Driver with HIAB
Salary: £25k - £28k
Please note: Good HGV1 driving experience is required for this position along with the ability of loading/offloading Plant Equipment and Machinery.
We have a vacancy for a HGV / LGV / CLASS 1 / C+ E HIAB Driver to join our depot in Birmingham (West Midlands). In return, we offer a competitive salary plus employer contribution pension scheme and 28 days holiday (inc Bank Holidays). All of our drivers are allocated their own vehicle and the vehicle will be renewed every 7 years.
The main roles of the HGV / LGV / CLASS 1 / C+ E HIAB Driver will include:
- Delivering of site accommodation, particularly welfare units (canteens, portable toilets etc.) to a variety of our clients customers, with the use of a HIAB crane.
- Delivering loads up to 10ft wide and 32ft long.
- Delivering to a wide range of locations in Birmingham and the surrounding areas.
- Load Security, ensuring all equipment is transported safely and correctly, in line with health and safety regulations and equipment is operated correctly.
- Sometimes working at height on top of tall loads with the use of fall arrest and harness systems.
- Ensuring all paperwork is kept up to date.
To be considered for the roles, the HGV / LGV / CLASS 1 / C+ E HIAB Driver are required to have the following:
- Hold a Class 1 / C+E licence.
- Possess a digital tachograph card.
- Hold a full, valid DQC card.
- HIAB licence for hook over 20t/m is essential.
- Candidates must be professional and approachable at all times. This is a customer facing role.
- Experience in a similar role would be advantageous, however not essential.
- Evidence provided and licence check to be completed at interview stage.
Start times are between 06:00 – 08:00, Monday – Friday. Weekend work may be offered occasionally but is not the norm
How to apply for this job