Rail Vehicle Builder
Are you an experienced Fitter with a time-served craft apprenticeship who would thrive working for an employee focused company with a bright future? If so, this is a superb opportunity for a Vehicle Builder to join the quality focused Heavy Maintenance team at Arriva TrainCare, at the Eastleigh (near Southampton) depot, working on a major new Class 180 Project.
Who will I be working with?
Arriva TrainCare provides Light and Heavy Train Maintenance services to the railway industry from its five strategically located maintenance depots. The successful, rapidly evolving organisation, is going through a massive transformation at real pace, with a strong order book for 2017 and beyond. Arriva TrainCare is part of Arriva, which is part of the Deutsche Bahn group, one of the largest transport services organisations in Europe, employing over 55,900 people and delivering more than 1.5 billion passenger journeys across 15 European countries every year.
You’ll be part of a professional team with these core behaviours at heart;
- One Arriva - We work as one team, ‘together we are Arriva’;
- Great customer experience - We keep our customers happy every day;
- Doing the right thing - We look after our customers, colleagues and the environment, and always put safety first;
- Thinking beyond - We are curious and inspired to think beyond today for an even bigger and better Arriva tomorrow.
What will the role of Vehicle Builder entail?
Reporting to the Team Leader, you’ll be responsible for efficiently carrying out the overhaul of rail vehicles to laid down standards and procedure and play an active part in the continuous improvement of product quality. Tasks will include fitting floors, panelling, seating, tables, windows and doors in the interior of rolling stock.
What will I need to be considered for this Vehicle Builder role?
- Time served craft apprenticeship, qualified to a minimum to City & Guilds / NVQ level 3, or equivalent
- A solid understanding of rail or aircraft heavy maintenance activities and depot operations
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Knowledge of health, safety and environmental standards and requirements
- Superb problem solving and organisation skills, with the ability to meet deadlines and work autonomously
- Ability to communicate well with other team members
What will I receive in return?
Salary: £30,850 per annum
Attractive Benefits: 26 days per annum including bank holidays, pension, healthcare cover, Arriva Travel Pass, Cycle to Work scheme, Arriva Village retailer discount scheme, and childcare voucher scheme.
Working Hours: Average of 35 hours per week, 4 x 10.5 hr shifts, working 4 days on and 4 days off
Contract Type: Fixed term 12 month contract
Location: Eastleigh (near Southampton)
Arriva is committed to diversity, if you’re good and meet the essential criteria outlined above, you’re welcome. Please include a cover letter upon submitting your CV.
All applications to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
This Rail Vehicle Builder vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Arriva TrainCare. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker to help you make informed decisions. By applying for this role you are submitting your CV directly to our above named client. Please note that we DO NOT operate as a recruitment agency, all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Arriva TrainCare, and should they wish to progress your application further they will be in contact with you.