Project Engineer (Rail Vehicle Heavy Maintenance)
Fantastic career opportunity for an experienced heavy maintenance Project Engineer to join the professional and quality focused team at the Eastleigh depot of Arriva TrainCare. If you’d thrive being a vital part of the Class 180 refurbishment project, then this opportunity is perfect for you!
Who will I be working with?
Arriva TrainCare provides Light and Heavy Train Maintenance services to the railway industry from its five strategically located maintenance depots. The successful, rapidly evolving organisation, is going through a massive transformation at real pace, with a strong order book for 2017 and beyond. Arriva TrainCare is part of Arriva, which is part of the Deutsche Bahn group, one of the largest transport services organisations in Europe, employing over 55,900 people and delivering more than 1.5 billion passenger journeys across 15 European countries every year.
You’ll be part of a professional team with these core behaviours at heart;
- One Arriva - We work as one team, ‘together we are Arriva’;
- Great customer experience - We keep our customers happy every day;
- Doing the right thing - We look after our customers, colleagues and the environment, and always put safety first;
- Thinking beyond - We are curious and inspired to think beyond today for an even bigger and better Arriva tomorrow.
What will the role of Project Engineer entail?
Reporting to the Project Manager, you’ll be responsible for project engineering all aspects of specific heavy maintenance works on the Class 180 refurbishment project, with duties to include:
- Supporting the Project Manager in the mobilisation, delivery and closing out of heavy maintenance contracts at Eastleigh depot
- Creating heavy maintenance block cards and work instructions
- Creating project work breakdown structure (WBS)
- Working closely with the project team to ensure the timely resolution of material or obsolescence issues
- Creating and maintaining Microsoft project plans to the ATC standard
- Supporting the Project Manager in the presentation of KPIs and contract related information
- Recruiting appropriately skilled teams to deliver specific work packages
- Driving continuous improvement innovations
- Ensuring working locations are fit for purpose and compliant with standards
What will I need to be considered for this Project Engineer vacancy?
- Proven experience within heavy maintenance project engineering
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings to provide technical solutions
- Good understanding of traction and rolling stock systems, in particular multiple units, ideally Class 180
- Excellent IT skills with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Project, MS Office (Excel) and SAP
- Previous knowledge and experience of production efficiency tools and techniques
- Full UK driving licence
Previous experience, involvement and understanding of rail vehicle heavy maintenance activities, and also a relevant Engineering qualification and/or professional membership of IMechE / IET would be desirable, however not essential.
What will I receive in return?
Salary: £33,500 to £35,000
Attractive Benefits: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays per annum, pension, healthcare cover, Arriva Travel Pass, Cycle to Work scheme, Arriva Village retailer discount scheme, and childcare vouchers.
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Contract Type: 14 month fixed term contract
Location: Eastleigh (near Southampton, Hampshire)
All applications to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or CV submissions.
This Project Engineer (Rail Vehicle Heavy Maintenance) vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Arriva TrainCare. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker to help you make informed decisions. By applying for this role you are submitting your CV directly to our above named client. Please note that we DO NOT operate as a recruitment agency, all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Arriva TrainCare, and should they wish to progress your application further they will be in contact with you.