Night Shift Supervisor - Birmingham
Job Category: Transportation - Logistics
Salary Range: £30k - £35k
Location: West Midlands - Birmingham
Job Type: Permanent
Post Title: Night Shift Supervisor
Although this role is for a Night Shift Supervisor, the Night Shift runs annually from January until June/July then the shift reverts back to day shift for the remainder of the year.
- Receive and allocate work and resources including transport, labour, overtime
- Investigate any errors and report findings and recommendations to operations manager
- Thoroughly understand all DC procedures and to train employees in procedures
- Identify non-conformity requiring re-training and to implement suitable training to correct
- To ensure all individual training records are correct and up to date
- To ensure all works instructions are adhered to
- Monitor breaks in line with company policy
- Carry out all pre-shift checks in accordance with agreed procedures
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement within the working area
- Deliver effective communication whilst working in a team environment
- Ensure processes are operated and checks carried out in accordance with quality procedures
- Working knowledge of the warehouse procedures manual
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping in warehouse
- Proactively prevent problems before they arise by taking a forward view of the plan and taking necessary steps to get a result
- Actively promote and improve health and safety practices to achieve Company targets
- Actively support and implement Company policy and procedures in partnership with management team
- Induction of new / temporary employees
- Manage disciplinary and performance issues
- Undertake appraisals of all reporting staff as required
- Ensure factory pick is completed 100% and any shortages reported accordingly
- Ensure the business premises are secure at all times and be the point of contact during the nightshift for the whole site.
- To report productivity and issues to the dayshift supervision at handover.
- To co-ordinate with assembly and plastic processing employees to troubleshoot problems at the link conveyors.
- Comply with the Health and Safety responsibilities as defined in the company health and safety policy, and ensure that any specific responsibilities are adequately delegated in their absence.
Key Performance measures for the role
- Value shipped per attended hour
Education / Qualifications:
- Numerate and literateto G.C.S.E standard
- I.O.S.H. orsimilar
- I.L.M. or similar
- At least 2 years Shift working and supervising
- Disciplinary experience
- Computer skills
- Good communicator
- Customer focussed
- Security conscious
Key behavioural competencies:
- Team Friendly
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Flexible in working hours.
- “House proud”
How to apply for this job