Job Category: Manufacturing
Salary Range: £20 -£25k
Location: South West - Oxford
Job Type: Permanent
Martin-Baker Aircraft Company Ltd
The position is responsible for undertaking multi-skilled duties as may be allocated within Production Department such that the efficiency and effectiveness of the service provided by Production is maintained at the highest level and in accordance with Company and Departmental procedures.
- Follow Work Instructions / Engineering Drawings using appropriate Weighing Equipment, Tooling (various), and Health and Safety relevant to specific batches such that work is undertaken according to requirements and so that :
- assembly is carried out accurately, to required tolerances and in accordance with laid down procedures
- required quality standards are achieved.
- health and safety regulations are adhered to at all times
- work is completed in accordance with required work schedules
- Accurately interpret assembly drawings and relevant information so that Part Numbers, Drawing Issues, Working Practices and Batch Identification can be accurately identified and applied.
- Handle explosive materials, goods and components carefully and comply with safety regulations and handling instructions so that :
- components are not damaged through mishandling.
- accidents do not occur through negligence or mishandling.
- report any dangerous practices and other dangers such as faulty equipment to local supervision so that all operations are safe at all times.
- Monitor the fitness for purpose of tools and equipment and provide for their replacement and/or recalibration so that tools and equipment are in good condition and suitable for purpose at all times and in order to avoid damage of goods, property and harm to oneself or other employees.
- Update SAP in order that work in progress is accurately recorded at all times
- Undertake any other duties as required together with general housekeeping and cleaning duties such that the Pyrotechnic and associated areas are maintained in an efficient, clean and safe condition providing for a safe and efficient working environment.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILL
- Basic production / manufacturing experience gained from operating in a similar manufacturing environment.
- Basic grounding in H&S policies and procedures
- Basic understanding and interpretation of engineering drawings
- Can work under pressure to balance competing job priorities to agreed deadlines
- A completer finisher – ie someone who always finishes off a task with no loose ends
- Basic PC and SAP skills
- Solid verbal communication skills
- Attention of detail
- Team player – with the ability to work independently
- Self starter
- Basic administration routines
- Attention to Detail – thorough, accurate and concern for all the areas involved.
- Drive to achieve results - sets own standards, checks own work, and demonstrates a positive approach.
- Working collaboratively - actively contributes to achieve organisational objectives
- Initiative - acts on various methods and strategies for solving problems and meeting objectives before being asked or required to do so.
How to apply for this job