Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, justice and immigration, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
Royal Air Force (RAF) Syerston is currently a satellite airfield of RAF College Cranwell and home to the RAF Central Gliding School (CGS), part of 3 Flying Training School. The operations at Syerston consist of a mixture of light aircraft and gliders with occasional fast jet and helicopter movements in support of Officer and Aircrew Cadet Training Unit (OACTU) exercises and pre-deployment training.
We are currently seeking a Contract Manager who will deliver and develop our Glider Maintenance contracts at RAF Syerston ensuring that strategies and business plans are in place to achieve our revenue and profit targets and drive business performance and growth, whilst ensuring all activities are safe and secure.
You will lead all operational activity, inspiring and developing your team, embracing our Values in both thought and action, and ensuring that policies and processes are in place, in line with the Serco Management System, to govern the business, mitigate risk and meet all business and legislative requirements. Additionally, you will be responsible for building and managing relationships with customer stakeholders in order to maintain business resilience against existing contracts, deliver a culture of innovation and continuous improvement and ensure value for money. This role will be reporting to the Head of Aviation Technical Support Services.
The salary for this role is £45,000 - £50,000, dependent on experience, and a company car will be provided.
Main duties and responsibilities of the Contract Manager:
* Leads the operational service delivery of the Contracts in line with contractual commitments.
* Creates and maintains robust and reliable financial management and reporting processes, ensuring delivery of all KPIs.
* Identifies and implements strategic service improvements across the Contract.
* Manages and develops the customer base providing our customers with innovative solutions and capability options to support their transformation plans and business goals.
* Delivers organic business growth and works closely with the Business Development team to identify and deliver new growth on the Contract in line with the Defence strategy and plans.
* Provides inspirational leadership, to ensure:
* Our employees understand and adopt our business strategy and plans so that they are successfully delivered.
* Employees are given support to grow and develop to their potential, and are managed in a way that maximises their engagement.
* Employees behave in accordance our Values and deliver the very best service possible to our customers.
* Maintains a safe, secure and ethical business.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience of the Contract Manager:
* Proven leadership and management skills, able to enthuse, inspire and engage.
* Commercially astute, can create, identify and exploit commercial opportunities.
* Creative thinking, able to develop business improvement ideas and innovate.
* An excellent communicator, with well-developed presentation skills and a first class influencer.
* An experienced negotiator.
* Capable of thinking and working both strategically and operationally.
* Capable of developing partnerships and professional relationships with customer, sub-contractors and key stakeholders.
* Excellent problem solving skills, able to understand a problem, develop an approach to solve it and carry it out with minimal supervision.
* Sound financial skills, a track record of successfully managing a P&L and delivering against a range of key performance indicators or service level agreements.
* Knowledge of health and safety in the workplace.
Desirable knowledge, skills and experience:
* Educated to Degree level or equivalent, engineering/aircraft qualifications highly desirable
* A proven track record in the aviation/engineering industry.
* Proven experience of working within a customer facing environment.
* Experience of managing contracts in a similar environment, demonstrating a track record of achievement.
* Experienced Aircraft Engineer capable of holding delegated Level K authority.
* A thorough understanding of operating safely within the regulated MAA Aviation Engineering environment
All Serco employees must ensure that their current line manager is aware of their application. For confidential enquiries please contact MyHR on 0345 010 4000.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.