Serco is currently recruiting an Information Security Architect, positioned within the Information Assurance team, which is in ITSS’s Security Tower.
The individual will be self-motivated, able to work with autonomy, and will take accountability for the broad scope of deliverables. The role will be required to manage relationships with and influence senior stakeholders (both internal and external) and may lead small teams of technical and consulting staff and act as a mentor for more junior members of the Practice.
The key purpose of this role is to design, develop and review new solutions, ensuring that appropriate combinations of security controls are in place to protect our customers’ data and to comply with our legal, regulatory and contractual obligations. This involves working within the bid teams, delivering quality within tight timescales & budgeted costs. You will influence at all levels within bid and contract teams, producing a variety of verbal and written outputs.
* Security Architecture – Designing and reviewing
* Security input into multidisciplinary bid teams, including security requirements definition, architectural design work, advice and guidance on security issues, costing of security operations, written submissions, supporting with bids within Government sectors.
* Creation of finance models to support new business activities / Costing of Security Controls and having the ability to justify the value and security costs of the bids.
* Determines security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; preparing cost estimates.
* Plans security systems by evaluating network and security technologies; developing requirements for Cloud, LANs, WANs, VPNs, routers, firewalls (including Next gen), and related security and network devices; designs public key infrastructures (PKIs), including use of certification authorities (CAs) and digital signatures as well as hardware and software; adhering to industry standards.
* Ensure cross-domain requirements are identified and issues resolved, resulting in the creation of a cohesive Enterprise Security
* Support Solution Architects on security issues.
We are looking for positive and enthusiastic candidate with SME level experience and interest in the field of Information Security Architecture.
In return we offer an interesting and varied role (as you will be deployed to many contracts in different market sectors) and competitive pay and benefits.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.