Job Category: Automotive
Salary Range: Competitive
Location: Greater London (Dartford)
Job Type: Permanent
Tesla is looking for an experienced Service Technician to work on one of the most progressive vehicle brands in the world. This position requires a significant amount of customer interaction, so the ideal candidate will not only possess the technical acumen, but also the ability to provide a strong level of customer service. This position is located at our Service Center, however the role will require travel as needed and directed by management.
- Performs entry-level work in the inspection, repair, and service of Tesla electric vehicles.
- Operate a variety of hand, power, and shop tools.
- Perform equipment inspections, adjustments and certifications.
- Perform Pre-Delivery Inspections (PDI) of new cars.
- Maintain records of time, expenses and materials.
- Order shop supplies and parts.
- Help maintain cleanliness of vehicles and service center.
- Effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines.
- Support journeymen technicians and sales events as needed.
- Methods, techniques, parts, tools and materials used in the maintenance and repair of vehicles including testing, diagnosis, HVAC service, hydraulic, brakes, testing and repair of electronic systems and modules.
- Operation and maintenance of a wide variety of hand and power tools, shop tools, test equipment.
- Automotive equipment and servicing methods.
- Experience using scan tools, following diagnostics and operating scopes/DVOM equipment.
- Chemicals and lubricants used in automotive servicing.
- Degree or Certificate from a program in Automotive Technology or equivalent experience.
- Experience in a dealership environment and the automotive industry.
- Relevant certifications a plus.
- Hybrid, Aircon Experience a plus.
- Certification to repair A/C systems and handle refrigerant preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to follow instructions required.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work, including the public.
- Maintain and perform top level professional integrity and appearance as an automotive technician.
- Valid driver’s license.
How to apply for this job