Technical Training Manager
Job Category: Engineering
Salary Range: Competitive
Location: North East Scotland - Aberdeen
Job Type: Permanent
Would you like to join a growing technical training team? Edif ERA is a global leader in the provision of technical consultancy and training services and we are looking for an experienced Technical Training Manager to lead a team and be responsible for a portfolio of technical training courses. These courses are provided in the areas of plant inspection and integrity and include; ASME Levels 1 to 3, Plant Inspector Certificates, API 510/570/571/653 & 580 examination preparation programmes and related technical training courses. You will manage the course schedules, liaise with clients who could be based in the UK and/or overseas and provide lecturing support as required. Due to the nature of the role, this could suit a home-based worker.
- Manage and coordinate Edif ERA’s technical training services operation
- Be sufficiently familiar with the application of ASME/API codes to prepare, deliver and support our ASME training courses and API examination programmes
- Recruit and develop lecturers and other support staff as required
- Prepare an annual budget for technical training services and implement
- Identify training needs and opportunities for new training programmes and services
- Develop new and existing training and examination programmes in line with market needs, competitor activities and code developments
- To respond to client requests for information on technical training services
- To assist in the pre-selection of/screening of candidates prior to acceptance on technical training courses
- Travel within the UK and overseas for purposes of course delivery and business development
Qualifications & experience
- HND or degree level qualification in an applied science or engineering subject
- An operationally experienced ASME Level 3 or API Plant Inspector
- Management experience in an operational/technical environment
- Prior experience of lecturing/teaching/training would be an advantage
- Prior experience of budget management would be desirable
- Able to cope with the demands of a busy travel and work schedule
You’ll be a highly competent and aspirational technically focussed Training Manager, with an aptitude to connect with and relate to training delegates at all levels of industry. As an accomplished plant inspector with experience from working in one or more of oil & gas, power or service industry sectors, you will have a strong technical grasp of inspection matters and related plant issues. You’ll be an effective technical thinker with a natural curiosity in respect of the subject matter, possess a willingness to learn and a desire to pass that knowledge onto others. As an exceptional communicator, you’ll have well-developed report writing and presentation skills demonstrating acute attention to detail. You’ll thrive on customer engagement and be skilled in understanding their professional development needs and building lasting relationships.
Edif ERA provides engineering and consultancy services to reduce risk, optimise performance and enhance capability, giving our customers the confidence to build successful operations. We have a depth of expertise which has developed from our long and rich history that goes beyond that provided by standard engineering consultancies. We are proud to put our people and clients at the heart of everything we do.
We offer competitive salaries and pension contributions; you’ll enjoy a generous leave allowance, private medical care, life insurance and more. Our great financial benefits are only part of the attraction; you can expect an excellent induction, quick integration and real opportunities for professional development. As part of our growing global team you’ll find yourself working with world-class engineers for clients in a variety of market sectors.
How to apply for this job