Job Category: Engineering
Salary Range: Competitive
Location: North East Scotland - Aberdeen
Job Type: Permanent
Would you like to join a growing technical training group? Edif ERA’s technical training group is seeking Technical Trainers to deliver its range of ASME, API and other technical plant inspection and integrity based courses. Clients are drawn from oil & gas, power, industrial and service sectors and may include company and self-funded delegates. You should expect to get involved in the development of training course material to meet company and client requirements, course delivery, examination, and liaison with certificate providers such as ASME, under Edif ERA’s role as an ASME Authorized global training provider.
- To deliver and support our ASME training courses and API examination programmes
- Drawing on strong technical knowledge of inspection matters and related plant issues, deliver training confidently and to a high standard
- Pre-select/screen candidates prior to acceptance on training courses
- To promote Edif ERA training programmes and services on subjects including; Fitness for Service, Risk Based Inspection and Pressure Relief Valves
- Respond to client requests for information on training services
- Travel within the UK and overseas for purposes of course delivery and business development
Qualifications & experience
- HND or degree level qualification in an applied science or engineering subject
- An operationally experienced ASME Level 2 or API Plant Inspector
- An accomplished Plant Inspector with experience from working in one or more of oil & gas, power or service industry sectors, you will have a strong technical grasp of inspection matters and related plant issues
- Prior experience of lecturing/teaching would be an advantage
As a Technical Trainer, you’ll need be a highly competent and aspirational individual with a natural curiosity in respect of the subject matter coupled with the desire to pass that knowledge onto others. You’ll be a good orator and listener and able to think quickly on your feet; an effective technical thinker with strong analytical problem solving skills who is comfortable adopting a collaborative approach. Sensitive to the learning needs of delegates from a variety of backgrounds and sectors, you’ll thrive on customer engagement and be skilled in understanding their professional development needs.
Edif ERA provides engineering and consultancy services to reduce risk, optimise performance and enhance capability, giving our customers the confidence to build successful operations. We have a depth of expertise which has developed from our long and rich history that goes beyond that provided by standard engineering consultancies. We are proud to put our people and clients at the heart of everything we do.
We offer competitive salaries and pension contributions; you’ll enjoy a generous leave allowance, private medical care, life insurance and more. Our great financial benefits are only part of the attraction; you can expect an excellent induction, quick integration and real opportunities for professional development. As part of our growing global team you’ll find yourself working with world-class professionals and clients in a variety of market sectors.
Please click below to apply for the role of Technical Trainer.
How to apply for this job