The Royal British Legion


Lone Parents Services and Support

There are a wide range of government and voluntary organisations that offer support to lone parents.

Gingerbread is an organisation that help families with advice and supporting social networks.

If you are a lone parent who is out of work, you can get information on help and support from the government website GOV.UK. In addition, there are a number of areas where you may qualify for financial assistance, including Child Maintenance, Income Support and Job Seekers Allowance. Information on these schemes and who to contact is available on the GOV.UK link on the right hand side of this page.

If your child has another parent living somewhere else in the UK, or working abroad for a UK based employer, the Child Support Agency will collect maintenance payments for you.

The Royal British Legion - Live On

 0800 009 8015

PO Box 375
SG12 4FH

Employers and Service Providers: 0845 680 0838